Subject: Re: Flyer/LW newbie questions
From: [email-masked] (Intelligent Light)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 08:17:58 -0800

>Hi all!
>
>We just got a Flyer system and now have a few questions...
>
>First, our system setup:
>
>A4000 w/ Video Toaster & Flyer 4.07
>LW 4.0
>
>Question 1:
>I read somewhere (either on this list, magazine, somewhere) that you can
>render LW anims as a Flyer clip.  But when I goto the Record panel there are
>no options for doing this.  I've read through the manual but didn't see
>anything (could've missed it).  I would assume that you would set it up like
>doing serial recording.  Do you just turn on serial recording and in the
>requestor instead of 'ser:' do you put the Flyer drive 'FA0:'?
>

In the newtek drawer there is a drawer called programs. In that drawer,
there is a drawer called documentation. There is a read me file that will
explain most of these probles. You need to add the flyerclip plug in. Go to
options and add it from the ADD PLUG_IN button.

>Question 2:
>I run into this problem a lot where I want to render out a Medium resolution
>overlay (and med res prev) and I get the dreaded 'Too much motion in frame
>##' message.  I've read the manual and I know why this is happening, but how
>do you all get around this problem?  I know you can use Low Res rendering,
>but the quality is just not as good.

When you add the flyerclip plug-in, you can render to your flyer drives.

>
>Question 3:
>I can't seem to be able to load anims I rendered with my previous LW (3.5)
>and play them through the Switcher.  Am I going to have to re-render them?  
>
>Question 4:
>I recently rendered out a 6 sec anim (at low res nonetheless) and when I
>load it in the switcher to play, for one it takes a long time to load, and
>second, as it plays it just continues to play over and over again until you
>hit the right mouse button.  I'm positive that when I rendered I did not set
>it up to loop.  It just plays and when it's suppose to be done, it plays
>again continuously until you hit the right mouse button.  Any thoughts?
>

I would think that it was set to loop and you may not have noticed. In any
event, Load that plug-in, from your CD ROM. Once you can render to your
flyer drive none of this will be an issue.

Tom Rennen
Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!!
>
>David
>
>
>
>***************************************************************
>David Statler
>[email-masked]
>
>